Sunday Breakfast Created by Teens
Put your teens in charge of making Sunday Breakfast from scratch. Forget the Bisquick. You will be amazed at the results.
- 2C Flour
- 1/4C Sugar
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 4tsp Baking powder
- 2C Buttermilk (or 2C whole milk + 1tsp lemon juice, allow to sit 15min)
- 1/4C Butter
- 1.5C Bananas
- 1Tbsp Flaxseed Powder
- 1Tbsp Tera's Vanilla Protein Powder
- Sift flower, baking soda, baking powder, flax seed powder, protein powder
- Mix sugar, melted butter separately. Add eggs.
- Add buttermilk and mashed bananas to sugar mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with wooden spoon until blended.
- Cook over medium heat in oiled girdle or pan
- Top with Maple Syrup, Butter, Fruits.
If this recipe is not to your taste, have the kids give suggestions. Have the kids look up different recipes and have a taste test.