Greek Turkey Burgers - Kid Made and Approved
Here is a recipe that is easy and quick. Tried on my kids and various guests and their kids. Success!!! Recipe for Burgers is adopted from Rachel Ray and Tzatziki Sauce from Wonderlust Kitchen Now grab the kids and lets get cooking. Our family cooking night is Monday nights.
Here are some tools to make cooking fun for the helpers. These can be found on Amazon or Target - garlic press, veggie chopper, burger press.
Ingredients - Burgers:
- 1.5lbs ground turkey or ground chicken or ground lamb
- 1 Cup Tzatziki Sauce (see below, easy, fast, extra veggies)
- 1Tbsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp grilled seasoning
Ingredients -Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1.5 cups full fat organic plain greek yogurt
- large cucumber or more, seeded, diced, dried with paper towels, don't skip this part or the sauce will be watery
- 1Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1Tbsp white vinegar
Instructions - Tzatziki Sauce (you can buy it at the store premade, I like to add extra veggies and its not hard to make):
- Have kids chop cucumber in the Veggie Chopper
- Have kids crush garlic in Garlic Press
- Mix all above ingredients
Instructions - Burgers:
I like to freeze them for 30min-1hr so they are less sticky on the grill. Not necessary if you don't have time.
Drizzle olive oil on patties and grill
Serve with buns and extra Tzatziki Sauce, side salad, roasted potatoes, side of cut up red peppers, side of carrot sticks, side of strawberries.