Fast Food Your Way, without the drive-thru
Here is a recipe for a Dinner that is easy, fast, economical, and liked by all. The biggest obstacle to healthy eating and family dinners encountered by my patient's parents, is Time. There never seems to be enough time. The day is filled with work, school, musical instruments, sports, acting classes, homework, youth groups, volunteering, etc. So the drive thru seems an easy fix for dinner. STOP! RETHINK!
- Rotisserie chicken from Earth Fare (local food store) - $5 on Mondays. Antibiotic free, Hormone Free, Free Range, Local Farm. The seasoning is preservative free, nonGMO, non chemical. Hot and delicious, ready to serve.
- Organic Frozen Peas and Corn - $2-3 depending where and how much you purchase
- Organic Butter
- 2 lbs Organic New Potatoes - $4
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Fresh Garlic Clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- wash and cut potatoes in half
- toss them with olive oil, garlic, parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper
- arrange them in single layer on sprayed cookie sheet
- roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 min until golden brown
- microwave peas and corn and toss with butter two your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- serve with Sliced Rotisserie Chicken
- put phones away, turn TV off, and enjoy your family.
- Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich-Combo $6.19
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets 8 pc. Combo $6.19.
- Kids nuggets 6pc. $4.21.
So do the math for your family. Notice that the meal outlined above is cheaper and fresher. The homemade meal has 10 ingredients compared to the never ending list in this popular fast food chain sandwich. I will argue that the potatoes cook faster then getting through the dinner line at Chick fil-A.