Chicken Sandwich Dinner with a Side of New Zealand Sunset
- 5 free range chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs, or 1 cup of home made bread crumbs + 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of organic butter - keep at room temperature
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 10 bread slices
- Pre-made pesto or Home Made Pesto
- Fresh Spinach Leaves, washed/dried
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (in NZ you have to shred your own cheese, thus its less processed)
- 3 Red Peppers Sliced and placed in Tupperware container
Place chicken breast in greased oven proof baking dish and bake uncovered for 23 min
Meanwhile arrange slices of bread on the counter
Spread Pesto on one slice
Top with fresh spinach leaves
Top with shredded mozzarella
Once chicken is cooked, slice it in half fully and place half a chicken breast on top of cheese and spinach, top with remaining slice
Wrap them up - this melts the cheese
Pack your back pack with sandwiches, peppers, water.
Go to a near by park, or out in the back yard and have a picnic in the fresh air.
THE DESTINATION AS SEEN FROM MY KITCHEN WINDOW
SOME LIVE NATIVE MUSIC PLEASE!
Don't be afraid to try something new. You might turn the ordinary into extraordinary!!