Easy Juicy Baked Chicken Recipe
Seriously, this is the easiest and most delicious cooking method that I have found. I use this as my go to for when I have no idea what to make, it's 6pm and dinner needs to happen STAT. I am a woman of few words when it comes to recipes, because that's why you are here, to find a great recipe, not for my wit and humor. Anywho, for tons of great details and photos, check out the inventor of this fabulous dish, Gimme Some Oven.
Here are the basic steps:
- Bring to the table
- 4 Chicken Breasts, (NO pre-brined chicken)
- 4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Brine: Immerse Chicken Breasts in Salted Warm Water for 30min, or leave in Fridge covered for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C)
- Remove from brine, pat dry
- Brush: Place in a dish, single layer, and brush with Olive Oil on both sides
- Mix all the Spices and Sprinkle generously on both sides
- Bake: Place in oven at 450°F for 15-18 minutes (it will not burn). Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, or to 165°F inside as per FDA requirement. Times vary with numbers of chicken breasts. (I cook 6 breasts at a time and it takes about 22 minutes)
- Let the chicken rest for 10 min to seal the juices
- Bring: Bring to the table with a side of veggies of your choosing.
Time Saving Tips:
- This is soooooo good and easy that you will want to make this again. Thus, make double or triple the spice recipe and keep it in a sealed jar. Great job for kids.
- Lastly, I can't make this any easier or faster. DO NOT skip the brine part.
Bon Apetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD